New Minds at Chatham High II

Mrs. Victoria Gregory is the new agriculture teacher for CHS.

“I have a husband and am one of six kids.  I attended college at Virginia Tech,” said Mrs. Gregory. She majored in animal science. “I went straight into college after high school,” she said.

“I live in Chatham,” she said. Mrs. Gregory has been teaching for three years, but this is her first year at Chatham High School. “I love CHS,” she said.  “I moved to Chatham because I got married. I wanted to be a teacher because  I love the students and educating people about the agriculture industry.”

She chose to teach agriculture because it is her passion.

Mr. Poindexter is the science teacher for CHS.

“I am married to Dixie, and I have two grown kids, Walter (20) and Kim (19).” “I attended Ferrum College.”

Mr. Poindexter majored in biology and environmental studies. “I went straight into college after high school, though I did take a break and work a few years at in a university registrar’s office ,and then I went back and finished college.” He holds a very high opinion of CHS, and said, “Best place I’ve ever worked.”

He lives in Hurt where he also serves as town mayor. “I have been teaching for fifteen years. I had taken a break to try something new in a different job setting, but then I realized after a few months I belonged in teaching. When an opening came available [at CHS],  I wasted no time applying.”

“I’ve always liked to think and talk about the intellectual while making it fit into real life. It’s a joy to see young people learn,” said Poindexter. “I had a deep connection to science and nature since 2nd grade; always looking for the how’s and why’s that make the goings-on around me make sense. I’m in my element while sharing that with others.”

Mr. C. Phillips is the new JROTC teacher at CHS.

“I have a wife and two daughters, Taylor and Morgan,” he said.

He attended Radford University for his Bachelors degree, and Webster University for his masters. “I majored in criminal justice at Radford, and business and organizational security management at Webster.”

He and his family live in the Brosville area. “I have been really impressed with the administration, faculty and staff at CHS.”

This is Mr. Phillip’s first year teaching. “I had the opportunity to visit the school last year, and I felt that CHS would be a great place to lead.” During his military career in the Army, he had the opportunity to instruct, “It was something I really enjoyed doing.”

“I participated in JROTC when I was in high school. It was a great experience for me, and I wanted to be a part of providing the same experience to future leaders,” he said.

Welcome to Chatham High School. We are glad you’re here.