Harvesting Thanks

“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it,”  says William Arthur Ward.

CHS students share what they are thankful for this Thanksgiving.

“I am thankful for my family and friends,” said Jamaya Jacksao, sophomore.

“I am thankful for my wife, son, and the baby in the oven,” said Mr. Hall, special ed teacher.

“I am thankful for shelter and food,” said Tiria Fitzgerald, sophomore.

“I am thankful for my mommy and my boyfriend,” said Destanee Estes, senior.

“I am thankful for good health, family, and food,” said Jazlyn Craft, sophomore.

“I am thankful for finishing my college applications with the help of my mother. Also, family and friends,” said Destinee Carter, senior.

“I am not thankful for anything, honestly,” said Mikell Carter, sophomore.

“I am thankful for all my amazing friends for getting me through this stressful year,” said Sydney Quesenberry, senior.

“I am thankful for soccer and rap music,” said Kenny Clark, sophomore.

“I am thankful for all the things my parents do for me, also for all my friends and how they get me through hard times,” said Kristen Roger, freshman.

“I am thankful for school,” said Ben Van Der Hyde, sophomore.

“I am thankful for my parents dropping everything for me, bringing me to school everyday before work. When I had medical issues they did not, they walked me through life,” said Makayla Fitzgerald, freshman.

“I am thankful for my farm,” said Emile Jerread, sophomore.

“I am thankful for living in the U.S. because we have a lot of things that a lot of people in other countries do not. I am also thankful for family and good friends,” said Mr. Roger Maxfield, history teacher.

“I am thankful for life,” said Montgomery Siebert, sophomore.

“I am thankful for sleep when I can get it,” said Brooke Hodnett, senior.

“I am thankful for my family,” said Hailey Doss, sophomore.

“I am thankful for my grandmother,” said Lauren King, junior.

“I am thankful for a washer and dryer that work. I am also thankful for clean water especially since living in Madagascar I had nothing like that. I had to air dry our clothes. I had to pump water for about twenty people, and to live in a place like Virginia and be able to just drink from the faucet is amazing,” said Mrs. Williams, French teacher.