Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

Popular music

Most high school students have favorite music styles and artists.

“My favorite genre of music is Pop, because there are so many different                                                                                       ones and they don’t all sound the same,” Autumn Cassell, junior, said. “My favorite band is One Direction and my favorite artist is Harry Styles. At the moment my favorite song is Little Freak by Harry Styles.”

“Country is my favorite genre, because the songs have a lot of meaning behind them that I can relate to,” Hannah Wilson, junior, said. “My favorite artist is SZA and my favorite band is NIRVANA. My favorite song right now is ‘Die a Happy Man’ by Thomas Rhett.”

“I listen to a lot of different music, but my favorite has to be rock and metal, because there are many different sub-genres that are unique,” Madison Swanson, junior, said. “My favorite band is Pearl Jam and my favorite artist is Chris Cornell. My favorite song changes everyday but my favorite at the moment is ‘Like A Stone’ by Audioslave.”

“I listen to every genre but pop is my favorite, because it always puts me in a good and happy mood,” Mary Ross, junior, said. “Taylor Swift is my favorite artist right now, and my favorite band is Ghost. My favorite song as of right now is ‘Puppy Princess’ by Hot Freaks.”