Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

Upcoming Seniors

Seniors are not the only students planning for college at Chatham High.

“For college I plan on going to PHCC, Radford, or Lynchburg  University. Lynchburg is my top choice at the moment. I want to become an RN or a radiologist once I’m older,” Autumn Cassell, junior, said.

“I have been doing many things to help me when it comes down to going to college. Currently I am in nursing at Votech, which has given me the opportunity to travel and get the full experience of what it’s like working in healthcare. As long as I pass my boards at the end of this semester, I will be a certified CNA and can start working this summer. I also plan on applying for many scholarships and colleges and touring many campuses,” Cassell said.

“I plan on getting recruited for volleyball, and committing to a 4-year university or starting at a community college and moving on from there. I don’t really have any set colleges that I plan on attending yet, though,” Maddie Swanson, junior, said.

“I do know that I am planning on going to get a degree in criminology and criminal justice, so I can be a crime scene investigator. Right now, I am taking many classes to help build my college credits, including the criminal justice program, these will help me get a head start on college. I am also in the process of getting recruited for volleyball which will give me options when it comes to colleges and I also am applying for as many scholarships as possible,” Swanson said.

“I plan on going to DCC then transferring to Virginia Tech. I plan on attending college for biology or vet science,” Mary Ross, junior, said.

“Right now I am in the Small Animal program at VoTech and it is helping me on my path to become a vet. I have also been applying for scholarships, and I plan on doing early acceptance if I can,” Ross said.

“I plan on going to DCC or Patrick Henry for college to become a sonographer,” Hannah Wilson, junior, said.