Football team for 2018 season

Some Chatham High School football players have already qualified for spots on the 2018-2019 CHS football team.

Five hundred points are required to achieve a coveted spot. The points are based on how many workouts each athlete attends.

“First three jersey numbers for 2018 have been handed out! Congrats to Chase Trent, junior;  Caleb Oakes, sophomore; and Michael Gunnell, freshman! All three excelled in the classroom and weight room to hit the first 500 point plateau in a hurry and claim their numbers!” said Coach Matt Allen.

Caleb Oaks got jersey #72, Chase Trent got #21, and Michael Gunnell got #29.

There have been four other jerseys handed out for 2018 season.

Coach Allen said,  “Another jersey number was handed out to a fast riser up our powerpoint boards. January 2017 JV MVP Peyton McCoy has hit the 500 point level, and he’s going with #4 for the 2018 season! Peyton is ready to shine in his junior season!

“Another number given out March 5. Number 11 goes to Ethan Reynolds, class of 2020. Ethan was our starting QB last season as a sophomore and looks to have a breakout junior season,” said Coach Allen.

“Congrats to rising junior Savon Rosser.  He even cracked a smile! He is CHS Varsity #70 for the 2018 season,” Coach Allen said.

“The latest Beast of the Week is class of 2021’s Tamon Hairston. He has not only has secured his jersey #18 for 2018, but also the title of #BeastoftheWeek! Congrats Tamon!” said Coach Allen.