Peer Pressure

Peer Pressure is one of the most serious problems in high school today.

Chatham High School students face it often.

Xavier Johnson, sophomore, said, “I usually walk away. To me, peer pressure is when someone persuades a person to do something. I feel like the most common peer pressure in high school is smoking and drinking. I feel like students should not tell their parents if they are being peer pressured. I feel like others peer pressure others just to make the person seem cool.”

“I feel like I would bend under peer pressure because I want approval. I have not been pressured at this point. Peer pressure to me is when people try to get others to do things out of their norm. I feel like the most common peer pressure in high school is drinking, drugs, and sex. I feel like students should tell their parents if they are pressured. Most people peer pressure others so they want have to do it on their own, said Sophie Parrish, freshman.

Sherry-Mae McAllister, freshman, said, ” I either ignore it or put them in their place. I feel like the most common peer pressures in high school are drugs, drinking, and sex. I think students should tell their parents if they are pressured.”

Harper Jones, senior, said, ” I handle peer pressure by being strong and keeping my morals straight, and I feel like the most common peer pressure in high school are drinking and sex.”

“I don’t deal with peer pressure. The most common peer pressures in high school are weed and other drugs. I think students should not tell their parents because we are old enough and are almost adults. People peer pressure others so they won’t have to do things alone,” said Jennifer Hernadez, senior.

Kailey Neal, junior, said, ” I don’t get faced with a lot of pressure because I don’t hang out with the people who do bad stuff. The most common peer pressure in high school is drugs. I feel like it depends on the relationship the students have with their parents to tell them that they are being peer pressured. People peer pressure others so they won’t have to experience bad things alone.”

Kaniyah Moore, junior, said, “I handle peer pressure by walking away. The most common thing in high school is bullying. I feel like students should tell their parents about peer pressure. People peer pressure others for attention.”

“I handle peer pressure by walking away. The most common pressures are drinking and smoking. I feel like students should tell their parents just in case it gets serious.People peer pressure others to make them like others and themselves,” said Taliiya Lanier, senior.

Marcus Walton, freshman, said, ” I handle peer pressure by ignoring it and walking away.The most common pressure in high school is drugs. I feel like students should tell their parents. I feel like they peer pressure others to get them to do what they want so they can be cool.”