Morning Routine

Morning routines shape the tone for the rest of the day. Many students and faculty start off their days stressed out.

Most people’s routines involve eating something.

“I wake my siblings up first. I eat breakfast at school. It takes me ten to fifteen minutes to get ready. I get up at 6:45 AM. I turn off the lights before leaving the house;  make sure I have my coffee, and tell my siblings to come on,” said Joanna Barbour, senior.

“I take a shower first. I eat yogurt at home. It takes me thirty minutes to get ready. I get up at 5:30 because I live in Lynchburg and must drive in. [Then], I make sure I have everything I need. I get in the car at 6:50 but the latest is 7:00,” stated Veronica Correa, Spanish teacher.

“I wake up, brush my teeth, and find clothes that don’t match,” said Emily Jones, freshman.

“I take a shower, do my hair, put on makeup, and put on clothes. Maybe, just maybe, if my boyfriend texts me first, I text him. Then, I listen to music and then get on the bus,” said Katie Callands, freshman.

“I typically wake up at 5:00 AM, sometimes 6:00 AM because me and my sister swap days. I get up first some days, and she gets up first some days, because we take turns showering first. Then, I get dressed. It takes me a while to get dressed because I typically try on like four outfits. Brushing my teeth is one of the last things I do. I might make coffee, or I might drink a Monster energy drink every day. I get on the bus at 6:35. I do my hair and makeup on the bus some mornings. I procrastinate on everything I possibly can. I eat breakfast at school,” said Kailey Neal.

“I wake-up, turn off my alarm, then wake-up again five minutes later. Then I pick out an outfit, put on makeup, do my hair, and wake my brother up,” stated Jennie Furr, freshman.

“First, I lay in my bed and get myself motivated to get up. I get up at 6:50. I eat breakfast at school. It takes me ten minutes to get ready. [The last thing I do before I leave in the morning] is wait for Makayla to leave. I catch the bus at 7:25,” said Topanga Wolf, sophomore.