Important Dates for Seniors

As the school year winds down and the Class of 2018 prepares for graduation there are several important dates seniors need to know about. This is a condensed list of the most important dates for seniors to mark on their calendars.

Thurs., May 17: Graduate of Merit Banquet honoring Graduates of Merit. The event begins at 6 PM at Averett University’s North Campus on Mount Cross Road, Danville. Students should have already received acceptance letters and tickets for entry.

Fri., May 18:  The awards ceremony for all Chatham High School students begins at 9 AM in the gymnasium. Seniors are reminded to wear their cap and gowns; students will NOT be allowed to process in without cap and gown.

Sun., May 20: The Baccalaureate Service for graduating seniors will be at 8 AM in the Chatham High School auditorium. This is an optional event; cap and gown are required.

Fri., May 25: Graduation practice begins at 11 AM at Averett University’s North Campus. This event is mandatory for all seniors.

Sat., May 26: GRADUATION!!! Commencement exercises begin at 1 PM; however, seniors need to be at Averett University’s North Campus by 12:30pm. Guys must wear black pants, black shoes, black tie, and a white shirts. Ladies must wear dresses that are not longer than the gown and black shoes. Proper cap and gown attire is required and tickets are mandatory for entry.