Decades Of Time

We live in a time where the old ways are coming back and being acceptable to this current generation.

Most people like the Pop culture and vibrant ways of the 50s.

Amber Mitchell, junior, said, “I like the 50s because of the old time and the vintage-like clothes. I would go back in time and live in that decade.

“I like this decade because of the music. I would not want to go back and live in that decade because I am moving forward, and I don’t want to go back in the past.” said Mr. Henry Walker, history teacher.

People like the 60s because it was the start of Rock and with this music they had a freedom to swing their hair all over the place.

” I like the 60s because of the good rock music. I would not want to go back and live in that decade, but I would like to go on a vacation to that decade.” said Ms. Veronica Corea, Spanish teacher.

The 70s was a decade where Jazz and Disco were the new thing people listened to when they went to parties.

Alyssa Riddle, freshman, said, ” I like the 70s because the decade was way cooler than the 2000s. I would like to go back in time and live in the decade just to see how they dress and to see how the music changed people lives.”

During the 80s, another kind of Rock was invented Soft Rock.

Mrs. Kimberly Boiling, Independent Living teacher, said, “I like the 80s because it was a fun time, and it seems like they are not faking true fun. However, I wouldn’t go back and live in that decade.”

Mallorie Burton, senior, said, “I like the 80s because it was time where people can be free and not be harmed because of their color. I probably would go back and live in that decade.”

Jennifer Hernadez, senior, said, “I like the 80s because of the music, the care free lifestyle and the fashion. I would like to go back in time and live in it just to say I lived in the 80s.”

“I like the 80s simply because of the good music they had and the good TV shows they put out. I would not want to go back in time and live in that decade though,” said Mr. Willie Sherman, usiness teacher.”

Kailey Neal, junior, said, “I like this decade because of the clothes, the hairsytles, and the social part. I would like to go back in time and live in the decade.”

This decade is where most people would love to live in because of the real old school music, the g-funk, and the urban soul style of the 90s.

Taliiya Lanier, senior, said, “I like this decade because it is an iconic decade, and it changed the music game. I would most definitely go back and live in this decade.”

Hunter Furr, junior, said, “I like the 90s because of the music, the different dances and because they started cartoon networks during this decade. I would go back and live in this decade.”

Kaniyah Moore, junior, said, “I like the decade because it was real love and this is when the men go to the woman’s window and throw rocks and show their love for them. I would be the first person to go back and live in this decade just to meet some famous people that have pass.”

Kennedy Jones, sophomore, said, “I like the 90s because of the music and the fashion was better than this decade. I would go back and live in this decade.”

Sherry-Mae McAlister, freshman, said, “I like this decade because of the clothes, music, TV shows, and that’s when my hero was born, my aunt. I would not go back and live in this decade because I do not want to lose my friends.”

Joanna Barbour, senior, said, “I like this decade because of the music. I would go back and live in this decade.”

Tyler Barley, seniors, said, “I like this decade because the music and the artist that made an impact on the old soul platform. I would like to go back and live in this time.”

Jashaun Davis, senior, said, ” I like the 9os because of the music and how they teach people in the songs how to love and how the songs explains how a man should treat a woman. I would go back in time and live in this decade.”

Asia Pierrce, freshman, said, “I like the late 90s but also the early 2000s. I like both decades because of the old school and the good soul music. I would go back in time and live in the decade to meet Michael Jackson.”

2000s was a decade where Rap and Hip Hop became more popular.

Tyramius Barksdale, junior, said, ” I like the 2000s because we have it easy compared to the other decades. I would not want to go back and live in the early 2000s.”

“I like the 2020 decade because I like to think far ahead. I am hoping to be living in that decade.” said Neil Clarridge, Guidance Counselor.