• November 13"There is always something to be thankful for."

• October 26"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

• September 27"Always salt your pasta while boiling it"

Welcome to Our New Faculty

A new school year for all students and staff also means new teachers here at Chatham High.

Heather Ringstaff Is CHS’s new math teacher; she replaced Mrs. Kimberly Smoot who moved to Tunstall Middle School.

Mrs. Ringstaff is pleased to be here.

“The best part of my move is that I’m back in the county where I started so many years ago, and I’m on the same schedule as my three kids who go to Tunstall High School. The worst part is starting all over again at a new school and having to prove myself.”

Mrs. Ringstaff previously worked at Dan River High School for 13 years before moving to Tennessee High School where she taught for three years. She taught at Cleveland, TN, for over four years before moving back to Danville. She worked as a K-5 math specialist for Danville City Schools for two years, and also taught one year at Bartlett Yancey.

She attended Virginia Tech for a BS in Mathematics. She earned her Masters of Education at Averett University, and has 18 plus hours of graduate math.

Barbara E. Holmes and Misty Smith, both Family and Consumer Science teachers, replaced Mrs. Kimberly Bolling who took a new job in Bedford County.

Mrs. Holmes was the Chatham Middle School FACS teacher before she came here. She anticipated changes, but enjoys being a teacher.

“Getting use to having a home room is the worst, but my best is having another teacher in the same curriculum to share thoughts and ideas with,” she said. “I had great teachers who instilled in me the desire to help others. I like working with others. My mother wanted to be a teacher but did not have the opportunity to go to college, and I believe that her desire was so great that it was passed on to me.”

She attended Mercyhurst College, Erie, PA.

Mrs. Smith worked for Womack Publishing for about seven years in the graphic design department. “I laid out ads and designed special sections and magazines for all of the newspapers that the company owns. I also ran my own photography business until a couple of years ago.”

She attended Central Virginia Community College for her associate’s degree, and she earned her bachelor’s degree from Liberty University. She tells me the worst but also the best part so far this school year.

“The worst part of the school year is just the nerves associated with starting something new, but the best has been the students and staff welcoming me to Chatham so warmly,” she said.

Sade' Morrison, Opinion

Sade is a senior at CHS. She enjoys playing basketball with her teammates. She loves her family, teachers, and friends. After high school, she plans to...

Welcome to Our New Faculty