• November 13"There is always something to be thankful for."

• October 26"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

• September 27"Always salt your pasta while boiling it"

Filed under Sports, Student Life

Chatham Sports Week 5

The Lady Cavaliers are going strong in week five while the football team is struggling.

The Junior Varsity Volleyball team beat Dan River at home on Sept. 20 in three sets: 25-23, 22-25, 15-8. Katie Moore had seven aces, eight assists, and eight digs; Brianne Conner and Macy Calhoun had five aces and five kills; Bailey Calhoun had three aces and 11 digs.

Varsity Volleyball had a clean sweep, winning all three sets at home against Gretna; 26-24, 25-17, 25-19. Taylor Haymore had 16 kills and 11 digs, Sage Crider had 24 digs and 10 kills; Jahna Waters had six aces and 22 assists; Makenzie Criswell had five aces and 14 assists; and Taylor Lester had 16 digs.

The Cross Country team traveled to Gretna to compete against Gretna, Dan River, Galileo, GW, Nelson County, Altavista, and William Campbell. The boys team did not place. The girls team finished second overall. Caroline Broomell finished fourth, Savannah Carlsen finished eighth, and Mary Augusta Paris finished eleventh.

The Junior Varsity football team lost to Gretna at home 42-0.

Varsity football lost 70-0 to Gretna at Gretna’s homecoming on Sept. 21.

Ethan Reynolds was 4-33 for 105 yards and was also the leading rusher. Hunter Furr had four catches for 40 yards. Jacob Pickeral had four catches for 27 yards. Tyshun Mingle had seven catches for 45 yards. Bradley Giles and Tyshun Mingle led in tackles with five each. Tyshun also had an interception. Kamden Lewis had four tackles and two fumble recoveries.

The Chatham Cavalier football team has a bye week this upcoming week Sept 27 and 28.

Sophomore, True Stanley (88) and senior, Lukas Saunders (44) stand on the sideline while the offense is on the field.

Quarterback,Ethan Reynolds lines up to try and give the Cavs a first down.

The Cavaliers come together at half-time to discuss what needs to be done for the second half.

Morgan Gay, Sports Editor

Morgan is a tenth grader at CHS. She enjoys dancing. After high school she plans on going to Virginia Tech to get a major in communications...

Chatham Sports Week 5