• November 13"There is always something to be thankful for."

• October 26"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

• September 27"Always salt your pasta while boiling it"

Chatham Sports Week 9

The Chatham Cavalier Football team has its first win of the season.

The Cavaliers traveled to Cumberland High School on Friday to claim their first victory of the 2018 season winning 56-6. Ethan Reynolds went 13-16 for 328 yards and six passing touchdowns. Tyriq Calloway was the leading rusher with 34 yards. Hunter Furr had six catches for 175 yards and two touchdowns. Tyshun Mingle had three catches for 60 yards and two touchdowns. Jacob Pickral had one touchdown catch for 20 yards. Clayton Deak had a 25 yard reception for a touchdown. Ja’Ron Barksdale had four pancake blocks. Caleb Oakes had three pancake blocks. Tyriq Calloway was also the leading tackler with 12 tackles including six tackles for loss, a forced fumble, and he returned his fumble recovery for a touchdown. Trevor Crowder had 11 tackles including two tackles for lost and one quarterback sack. Kamden Lewis had 11 tackles including one tackle for loss and a forced fumble. Hunter Furr and Peyton McCoy both had one interception.

Volleyball played their final regular season games this week.

On Monday they traveled to Martinsville and beat them in a clean sweeps. J.V. won: 25-5, 25-14. Varsity won: 25-7, 25-13, 25-12.

On Tuesday they faced off against Dan River away. J.V. lost in two close sets: 23-25, 21-25. Varsity also lost in very close game: 25-21, 22-25, 21-25, 25-14, 8-15.

Thursday was Senior Night where the four seniors were honored for playing with the Lady Cavaliers. Taylor Haymore, Brooke Austin, Emerson Scollo, and Kennedy Cassell played their last regular season game at home.

Cross Country competed at the Metro Meet this past week. The girls finished second overall. Caroline Broomell finished second and was the girls metro runner up, Savannah Carlsen finished fifth overall, and Mary Augusta Paris finished 15th. Caleb Wright finished second and was the boys runner up. 11 out of 19 Chatham Cross Country runners set new personal records.

Morgan Gay, Sports Editor

Morgan is a tenth grader at CHS. She enjoys dancing. After high school she plans on going to Virginia Tech to get a major in communications...

Chatham Sports Week 9