• November 13"There is always something to be thankful for."

• October 26"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

• September 27"Always salt your pasta while boiling it"

Filed under News, Sports, Student Life

Chatham Sports Week 10 and 11

The Lady Cavaliers volleyball team won their first round of regions on Monday.

They played the Dan River Wildcats at home and had a clean sweep against them: 25-13, 25-11, 25-23. They played at Appomattox on Tuesday and lost three sets: 19-25, 11-25, 18-25.

Cross Country traveled to Frazier Farm in Altavista to compete in the Dogwood District competition. Caroline Broomell finished third, Savannah Carlsen finished 10th, and Mary Augusta Paris finished 15th. Caleb Wright was named Dogwood district runner up. They also competed in Salem for the region meet. Caroline Broomell finished 15th overall and Caleb Wright finished third overall. Both of them will be competing at the state championship meet.

J.V. football won their last game 18-0. Mason Anderson had one rushing touchdown and a two point conversion. Kaleb Moore had a pick six and Sam Hutcherson had the two point conversion. Jacob Doss had a safety. Some outstanding defensive players of the game include: Adam Afify, Isaiah Harris, Jacob Doss, and Kaleb Moore.

The Cavs Football team played Altavista away last Friday night where they lost 22-23. Ethan Reynolds went 8-16 for 53 yards, a touchdown pass, 17 carriers for 44 yards and a rushing touchdown. Hunter Furr had four catches for 39 yards and one touchdown. Tyshun Mingle had 14 carriers for 111 yards and one touchdown and was named the offensive player of the game. His brother, Tyriq Calloway was named defensive player of the game. Tyriq had nine tackles and a fumble recovery. Bradley Giles had 13 tackles. Jacob Dalton had 12 tackles including three tackles for loss, and a forced fumble. Tyshun Mingle had five tackles and an interception. Hunter Furr had seven tackles and blocked a kick.

The Seniors apart of the Cavalier football team played their last game Friday. The Cavs lost to William Campbell 52-28 at home. Ethan Reynolds had two touchdown passes to Hunter Furr. Kamden Lewis had one rushing touchdown. C.J. Myers had a kick return for a 75 yard touchdwon. Lukas Saunders went four for four with extra points. Peyton McCoy had an interception. Hunter Furr was the offensive player of the game. Tyriq Calloway was named defensive player of the game.

Morgan Gay, Sports Editor

Morgan is a tenth grader at CHS. She enjoys dancing. After high school she plans on going to Virginia Tech to get a major in communications...

Chatham Sports Week 10 and 11