Being Thankful

Thanksgiving is more than just watching football and eating meals. It is a day to show gratitude for what and whom we’re thankful for.

CHS students are very thankful for their families and friends first this Thanksgiving.

“I am very thankful for the Lord, the food, and all my family members,” Katie Callands, sophomore. Aniya Owens agrees.

“I’m thankful for my friends and family,” she said.

Thomia Tinsley thought first of her family, too. ” I’m thankful for my brother, my mom, and grandparents,” she said.

“I’m truly thankful for my family for helping me through it all and my friends, too,” Emerson Scollo, senior.

“My mom and family are who I am truly grateful for, and I wanna give thanks to them,” Shaniyah Troy, senior.

“I am thankful for my friends, family, my dogs, and music most of all,” Dylan Astin, senior.

“I’m so thankful for my grandmother,” said Timeka Echols, senior.

” I am thankful for my mother,” Heaven Robertson, freshman.

“My friends and family is who I am giving thanks to,”Aly Taylor, freshman.

“I am thankful for my friends and family,” Morgan Gay, sophomore.

“I am thankful for my parents and very thankful for my family members for helping me and being there for me,” Korey Hairston, junior.

“I am thankful for my grandmother. She has always done so much for me and has been there for me. I’m also thankful for my sister for being there for me through the ups and downs. I am so blessed to have those two in my life,” Sa’Taja Morrison, freshman.

“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough,” said Oprah Winfrey.