• November 13"There is always something to be thankful for."

• October 26"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

• September 27"Always salt your pasta while boiling it"

Filed under News, Student Life

Breaking Up Is Not Hard to Do

Breaking up with your boyfriend is not always easy.

According to Bustle.com, “High school students often end relationships around Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and Valentine’s Day.”

Here are some tips to help you break up the right way.

“The number one break-up rule is to do it in person and not through text,” says Dating.lovetoknow.com. “Make sure he fully understands that you are breaking up; texting might leave him with questions or confusion. A phone call is still better than texting; anything live and in person will help you both.”

“Be straight up and honest but not too honest,” says Bustle.com. “You wouldn’t want to tell him that you were cheating or anything that can make the conversation go sour. Constructive criticism isn’t a bad thing; it can get him thinking of ways he needs to change for the better.”

Bustle.com also says to “Try to stay away from the I hope we can be friends statement.” He most likely wants to be more than friends and wouldn’t be glad to hear that. You can’t be friends after a serious break up because you both need time to get over each other.”

Thecut.com said to, “Forget the few things that made you happy and remember why you are in this predicament now. Focus on the negative moments that make you feel like you can’t stay. If the negative moments outweigh the positive, do what’s best to make you happy. The positive moments might make you want to stay for a moment, but you really don’t.”

“Limit contact with him after the break up,” says Businessinsider.com. “You can block him, unfollow him, and delete him so you won’t be tempted to talk to him. Don’t stalk their feed and social media because that will make you miss him.”

Businessinsider.com also said,”Don’t say wishy-washy comments that will make him feel like he can get you to stay. Say things that are nice but also translates that the relationship is ending.”

Break-ups are not uncommon at Chatham High.

Junior, Macey Harris said, ” I was very direct when breaking up with my boyfriend and did not give into his emotions. I realized that I was the only one who could make the decision on who I wanted to be with.”

Khristyn Jones, senior, said ” I invited him out to eat so we could be in person. It was hard for me but harder for him.”

“Don’t ever go ghost on a person,” says Bustle.com. It is one of the worst ways to end a relationship. It will leave him hung up and clueless on why you left. He could feel like there is unfinished business and words to be said.”

Jalaysia Winslow, Feature Editor

Jalaysia is a senior at Chatham. She cheers for the basketball team and enjoys spending time with herself. After high school she plans on going to VCU...

Breaking Up Is Not Hard to Do