• November 13"There is always something to be thankful for."

• October 26"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

• September 27"Always salt your pasta while boiling it"

Filed under News, Sports, Student Life

Cavalier Athletes Week 2 Summary

CHS wrestling team placed second in a tournament at Tunstall High School Jan. 23. Tunstall was first, Magna Vista third, and Bluestone fourth. There were three matches for individual performances. Joe Gillispie and Taylor Moore were 3-0. Peyton McCoy, Corey Reynolds, Trevor Crowder, Kamden Lewis, and Austin Elliot all were 2-1. Another tournament is set for Jan. 26.

Seniors Brady Owen and Grayson Reed signed on to play at Ferrum College next fall.

The girls varsity basketball team won against Appomattox on Jan. 23, 77-31. Stars of the game were Kanani Jones with 14 points, Nysheia Miller with 13 points and seven assists, Charity Wilson with 13 points, Quanadra Tunstall with 12 points and 11 rebounds, and Nijueray Giggetts with 18 points and 6 rebounds. The team is 8-6. Their next game is Fri., Jan. 25, at Nelson County.

The boys varsity basketball team lost at Appomattox 73-37. The team’s next game is at home against Nelson County Fri. 25.

Arianna Petty, Co-Sports Editor

Arianna is a sophomore at CHS. She loves spending her time after school playing basketball. After high school, she plans on going to Virginia Tech to be...

Sarah Hailey, Co-Sports Editor

Sarah is a sophomore at CHS. She loves to play volleyball and dance during her free time. After high school, she wants to go to DCC then transfer to Virginia...

Cavalier Athletes Week 2 Summary