• November 13"There is always something to be thankful for."

• October 26"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

• September 27"Always salt your pasta while boiling it"

Filed under fun, News, Student Life

Valentine’s Day

Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is almost here.

CHS students have lots of opinions about the holiday.

“I think Valentine’s Day is a fun way to celebrate the tradition of love with your sweetheart,” Ameia Harris, freshmen.

“I love Valentine’s day because how I get to spend the day with my boyfriend and showing him how much he means to me,” Olivia Sims, sophomore.

“My family always gives me chocolate on Valentine’s Day, and I feel loved by them. I like Valentine’s Day because of my family and that love will never break,” Quanadra Tunstall. freshman.

“My mom would always spend her Valentine’s with my dad, but she never forgets about us! I think Valentine’s Day is amazing because even though my parents spend the day together, they always gives us chocolate and candy, too, to show she loves me and my little brother,” said Abby Totten, freshmen.

“I think Valentine’s Day is a great way to show your friends and family how much you love them,” Ethan Chivvis, freshmen.

“Valentine’s Day is my favorite tradition because I love spending it with my mom every year,” Thomia Tinsley, junior.

“I never really like Valentine’s because this is the first one without my mom, and we always spent it together; but I really want to this Valentine’s Day to be special for my grandmother for all the things she has done for me and my sister,” said Sa’Taja Morrison, freshmen.

“I just love seeing people spending the day together on Valentine’s Day. It is my most favorite out of every holiday,” said Sarah Snead, senior.

“Valentine’s Day is one of my favorites to just let you show the love you have for that special person,” said Andresia Colney, sophomore.

“I’ve been dating my girlfriend for the past couple months, and I can’t wait to show her how much I love her on Valentine’s Day,” said Brandon Pritchett, senior.

“I’ve spent Valentine’s Day with my boyfriend for the past year and it was so special to me. I love Valentine’s Day because even though I get to show my boyfriend how I love him, but I get to show my parents the same love,” said Grace Porter, senior.

“Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get–only with what you are expecting to give–which is everything,” said  Katharine Hepburn.

Sade' Morrison, Hard News Editor

Sade is a senior at CHS. She enjoys playing basketball. After high school, she plans going to DCC to become a Certified Nursing Assistant then later, go...

Valentine’s Day