• November 13"There is always something to be thankful for."

• October 26"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

• September 27"Always salt your pasta while boiling it"

Filed under News, Sports, Student Life

Athlete of the Week: Quanadra Tunstall

Freshmen student, Quanadra Tunstall, is dominating the court her first year on the Chatham Girls Varsity Basketball team.

Last season, Quanadra played on JV during her eighth grade year before she got moved up to varsity her freshman year.

During this season, she scored 11.2 points per game and made 8.3 rebounds per game. Before the season started, she was nervous about playing on the varsity team, but as the season went by, she feels more confident while playing varsity and wants her teammates to finish her first year strong.

“I know we can win district, regional, and states this year,” she said. “Last season, I watched those four seniors win district and regional; so now, me and my teammates are going to win state this season.”

The Girls Varsity team overall record is 11-10 and the region is 7-5. Quanadra believes that she and her varsity teammates will bring home the win this season.

“I hope we can step it up and win the tournament and go on to states this year,” said Quanadra.

Sade' Morrison, Hard News Editor

Sade is a senior at CHS. She enjoys playing basketball. After high school, she plans going to DCC to become a Certified Nursing Assistant then later, go...

Arianna Petty, Co-Sports Editor

Arianna is a sophomore at CHS. She loves spending her time after school playing basketball. After high school, she plans on going to Virginia Tech to be...

Athlete of the Week: Quanadra Tunstall