• November 13"There is always something to be thankful for."

• October 26"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

• September 27"Always salt your pasta while boiling it"

Filed under Sports

Cavalier Athletics Summary Week 9

The CHS sports teams have had a good start to this spring season.

The Varsity baseball team played GW and won 19-0 at home. The girls soccer team also played GW and won 2-1. Blaine Adkerson and Mackenzie Mitchell scored.

The Varsity baseball team scrimmaged against Altavista. The scrimmage wasn’t a scored event, but the team played. Pitchers were Tanner Merricks, Josh White, and Jacob Miller. The team played defense with no mistakes. Grayson Reid had two hits and a home run, Austin Vicks had two doubles, and Graham Dalton had a double. Josh White was the winning pitcher with five hits, one run, and seven strike outs. Matthew Arnold had three hits and one double. Andrew Potojecki and Luke Martin had three hits. Brady Adkins with two hits and a double, leaving Graham Dalton with a triple.

The baseball team played against Magna Vista and won 15-0. Christian Lancaster had the winning hit and also pitched. He allowed two hits, one walk, and had five strike outs. Brady Owen and Matthew Arnold also pitched. Brady Owen struck out two in the 4th inning, and Matthew Arnold pitched in the 5th inning. Brady Adkins had two doubles and eight runs batted in. Hunter Adkins scored three times that game.

The Varsity softball team had a big 15-0 win against GW. Caroline Vicks and Keslee Hylton both had hits. Abby Owen had one hit and two runs. Sage Crider had two doubles and two runs batted in. Jahna Waters had four hits and four strike outs.

The boys soccer team went against Magna Vista and lost 1-6, Josh Harris scored their one point.

The girls soccer team went against Magna Vista and lost 0-7.

Sarah Hailey, Co-Sports Editor

Sarah is a sophomore at CHS. She loves to play volleyball and dance during her free time. After high school, she wants to go to DCC then transfer to Virginia...

Arianna Petty, Co-Sports Editor

Arianna is a sophomore at CHS. She loves spending her time after school playing basketball. After high school, she plans on going to Virginia Tech to be...

Cavalier Athletics Summary Week 9