• November 13"There is always something to be thankful for."

• October 26"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

• September 27"Always salt your pasta while boiling it"

Filed under News, Student Life

The Flu

Twenty-five cases of the flu were confirmed at CHS this semester; last year there were 80 confirmed cases.

“The symptoms of the flu are having a fever over 100.4 degrees, aching muscles, chills and sweats, headache, persistent cough, fatigue and weakness, nasal congestion, and sore throat,” Mrs. Mary East, school nurse said.

Mrs. East said, “Students with a fever over 100 degrees need to stay home and rest.”

“Most times when you get the flu you’ll need nothing more than bed rest and plenty of fluids. Recommended medications for when you get the flu are Promethazine, Prednisone, Relenza, and Tamiflu,” she said.

“Wash your hands constantly. I Lysol everything everytime a student visits the nurse’s office,” she said.

“A second wave of the flu is anticipated; continue to wash your hands. Last year when we had so many cases of the flu, the janitors cleaned the schools over the weekends. We haven’t had that problem this year; hopefully, we won’t.”

Hope Reamey, Feature Editor

Hope is a senior at CHS. She enjoys playing softball. After high school she plans on attending DCC then a four year university. She hopes to become...

Kayla Reamey, Photo Editor

Kayla is a senior at CHS. She enjoys playing soccer. After high school, she plans to go to DCC for two years then transfer to Averett University to become...

The Flu