CHS students signed with PHCC

Left to right are PHCC Assistant Coach Mike Wheeler, Chatham Assistant Coach Rhonda Jefferson, Nijueray Giggetts, Kanani Jones, Chatham Head Coach Lauren French, and PHCC Head Coach Mitchell Jennings.

CHS Seniors, Kanani Jones and Nijueray Giggetts, both signed to continue their basketball career with Patrick Henry Community College on Mon., April 1.

Kanani Jones has played CHS basketball since junior year. She has dreamed of playing basketball throughout high school and college. She has worked so hard during her senior year to get recognized by one of the college coaches.

“I love basketball, and I never wanted to stop playing,” she said. ” I just want to work so much harder for my mom so she can be so proud like she is now. I thank God everyday for giving me this opportunity, and I thank all my teammates too for supporting my dream.”

Nijueray Giggetts has played basketball since eighth grade. She was inspired by her sister, Jaliyuah Giggetts, to play high school and college basketball just like her.

“My sister was one of the best players since she was in high school. I loved watching her play and that made me want to be like her,” Nijueray said. ” My sister always wanted me to play college basketball, and she was the reason I played for my last year and for getting this opportunity. I want to thank her for being my role model and for helping me achieve my goal.”

Congratulations to both Kanani and Nijueray.