Mr. Foster’s Retirement

Chatham High School principal, Randy Foster, is looking forward to his retirement at the end of this school year.

Foster has been a CHS administrator for 21 years. He was an assistant principal for 10 years and  the principal for 11 years.

Before coming to Chatham High, he worked as a math/physics teacher at Brookville high school for five years and as an eighth grade math teacher at Drewry Mason Middle School for four years.

He was graduated from Lynchburg College with a bachelor of mathematics and physics, from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro for a masters in Educational Leadership, and from Liberty University with a master in theological studies.

Foster was blessed to build bonds with all staff and students for the past 21 years of him as administrator.

“The best part of this job is the relationships I have built with the staff and students; I will miss them all. I thank God everyday for the years I have been here in Chatham High. I know God is in control, and He placed me here; I couldn’t do it alone.”

“I will have plenty to do around the house; that will keep me busy,” said Mr. Foster.

Mr. Foster hopes to do the ERIP ( Early Retirement Incentive Plan) program to fill in for other principals as a substitute for the first seven years of his retirement.