Students Enjoy Cooking and Baking

Cooking and baking are fun activities for some students.

“I like to cook because I think it’s a very enjoyable activity to do and passes time,” said Tristan Smith, freshman. “My favorite food to make is steak because if you season it right and cook it medium well, it will be perfect. Seasoning food is what matters most in cooking because it contributes to the flavor of the food which is the best part.

“I like to cook more than bake just because I’m not a big fan of sweets. My favorite thing to make is steak because it’s the best thing I can honestly. I cook my steak by putting my cast iron skillet in the oven to preheat it, and then I take it out, put spices, herbs, and butter on it and then cook it on the stove until it’s medium rare. Also, I think in order to be a good cook, you just have to cook without burning the house down,” said Smith.

There is always something new to learn about cooking.

“If I had to give advice to new cooks or bakers, it would definitely be to pay attention to what you’re doing at all times because you could get hurt, for example, getting burnt. I also think that cooking can be a skill or in some cases a talent, because some people are just naturally good at it, but it can be a skill too because you can spend time to learn how to,” said Madison Swanson, sophomore.

“I like to cook and bake a lot because it’s fun to learn new recipes and see what you can make. Cooking and baking can be a fun activity to explore and see what all you like in food wise. You can learn new tips and tricks in cooking to make your food taste absolutely delicious,” said sophomore, Marisol Estrada. “My favorite dish to make is homemade Mexican tacos because they’re are so good!”