Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

Do You Have Spring Fever?

Spring Fever is a phenomenon that only occurs in the spring; it is a feeling of laziness, restlessness, with an increased amount of daydreaming.

Many of the students at CHS suffer from this feeling.

Some students have the fever; their bodies are tired and exhausted.

“Yeah, I do feel like that when the end of the school year comes. I don’t feel like coming to school, especially after basketball season; I’m always tired,” MarKayla Mayo, freshman, said.

“I’m lazy; I don’t want to wake up. School is the slowest part of my day,” Gabby Custer, freshman, said. “Most people have attitudes, and my grades are starting to drop, so I just want to leave school. I think school might be killing my brain cells,” Custer said.

“Yes, I haven’t been waking up to my alarms lately,” Madeline Evans, freshman, said.

“I’m always tired; I just want to stay home and not have to wake up when it’s still dark outside,” Savannah Reynolds, freshman, said.

“I do [have spring fever]; I don’t try to do anything extra, but I try to sleep more to motivate me to come [to school],” Savannah Morris, junior, said.

A few students find motivation to attend school because their friends or significant other are at school.

“I most definitely have that (spring fever); the only reason I come is because of my boyfriend,” Madelyn Legge, freshman, said.

“I only feel like that (spring fever) for this school; I enjoy going to VOTEC because it’s what my career is going to be. My boyfriend is my main motivation to come,” Lindsey Evans, junior, said.

“Karlee [my friend] is one of the only reasons I come,” said Reynolds.

“I mean, I will do my work, but I’m not going enjoy doing it. It’s not like I’m going to leave it unfinished,” Abigail Custer, freshman, said, “My boyfriend is the only reason I come to school.”

“Seeing my friends and going outside in gym class with Coach Banks helps me through the day,” Karlee Sims, freshman, said.

“I had it in college; I wouldn’t do anything, but my peers helped motivate me and reminded me graduation was around the corner,” Coach James Banks said.

Many students also wish they could be outside in the nice weather.

“Yes, I do want to be outside. It is beautiful outside; I would much rather be outside than in school,” Avery Norton, freshman, said. “Seeing my friends helps me to want to come to school. If I didn’t come to school, I would be bored at home,” Norton, said.

“It’s hard to sit in class when I know I could be outside in the nice weather,” Evans said.

“I want to be outside and do my school work since it’s so nice out,” Sims said.

Only two students have the fever but continue to attend school because of graduation.

“Yes, I have spring fever; it’s bad. I try to remember that I am one day closer to graduation. I kinda have to come because of my parents,” Trinity Custer, senior, said.

“Yeah, you are coming close to the end of the school year, and you don’t feel like attending school,” Makenna Stricker, freshman, said. “I mainly come to school to get good grades and to help get credits for graduation.”