Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

PowderPuff Volleyball Game

Students gather to play PowderPuff Volleyball. (Stock photo)

The first ever Powder Puff Volleyball game is set for Tues. Nov. 21, during fourth block in the CHS gym.

Powder Puff volleyball is an entertaining competition when guys and girls switch roles for the game.

The male students will play volleyball, while the female students are on the sidelines as coaches.

The guys are very excited.

“I’ve always had a passion for volleyball,” said Amario Henry, junior. “I cannot wait to show off my skills and beat the freshmen.” The juniors and seniors will play the freshmen and sophomores.

“I’ve dreamt about volleyball for around two years now,” said Khamari Robinson, junior. “I’m super excited to try out this year.”

To make the game credible, Ms. Makayla Dalton and Mrs. Paige Echols will referee for the game.

“I love that we are getting two Powder Puff games [this year] instead of one [football],” said Caitlynn Hawkins, junior.

Entrance to the game is free if the student has no more than one absence for the month of November. The one absence does not matter if it is excused or unexcused.

“I think it’s a good idea that tickets given to students with good attendance,” said Madison Swanson, junior. “It makes me feel special and recognized for coming to school everyday.”

“It’s more inclusive for the students who might have rides to after-school games, which I think is important,” said Hannah Wilson, junior.

The game was set for the school day as a way to recognize students with good attendance.