Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

The Iron Claw

‘The Iron Claw’ gets a 5/5 star rating from me.

The film, released late last year, is a depiction of the life of the Von Erich wrestling family.

The movie explores the Von Erich family and their “curse” that resulted in the death of five out of six of the Von Erich children.

The movie primarily follows Kevin “Von Erich” Adkisson, the last surviving of the Von Erich siblings. We see David, Mike, and Kerry tragically die, and the effect this has on the wrestling fans as the children pass away one-by-one.

‘The Iron Claw’ exhibit themes of faith and family as we see how they use their faith to navigate through the tragedy of losing each other.

Starring Zac Efron, Jeremy Allen White, Harris Dickinson, Stanley Simons, and Holt McCallany, we see a compelling and beautiful performance that leaves the audience feeling similar to viewing a train wreck.

“I absolutely adored ‘The Iron Claw,'” Kenzie Amos, a senior, said. “When I finished watching it, I could not see through my tears. I just really missed my siblings and wanted to hug them tighter that night.”

“I didn’t think I would like it when I went to watch it,” Rihonna Kreger, a senior, said. “I ended up really enjoying it! It had so many ups and downs and by the end of it I was already wanting to re-watch it.”

“I cried,” David Rice, senior, said. “I never cry at movies but this one just really hit differently. I think it’s because of the fact I have a sister.”