Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

Spirit Week

Spirit Week

Spirit Week shows off Cavalier Pride to boost enthusiasm for Homecoming.

This year Spirit Week is Oct. 2-6.

Students and faculty are asked to dress up each day as follows:

Monday: Bikers vs Surfers day. While staying in dress code, students are encouraged to wear their tropical shirts and sandals or their leather jackets and boots.

Tuesday:  Twin day. Grab a friend and match for the day! Whether it’s wearing matching shirts, shoes, or even matching socks.

Wednesday: Disney vs Nickelodeon Day. From our favorite childhood shows it’s time to debate which is superior. Dress as your favorite character or wear a graphic tee with your favorite on it.

Thursday:  Album Cover Day. Time to show off which album is your personal favorite.

Friday: Cavalier Pride. Wear red, black, and white. Wear your favorite cavalier merch or DIY some at home.

Enthusiasm is already building among the student body.

“We haven’t had a twin day since middle school,” said Hannah Wilson, junior. “I’m super excited to match with my best friend and remember when we did the same thing in middle school.”

“I haven’t heard of any other school doing an album cover day,” said Madison Swanson, junior. “It’s super original, and I can’t wait to dress up as my favorite album.”

The Pep Rally is set for Fri., Oct. 6,  from 2 p.m.-3 p.m. All students will gather in the gym and watch as the football players, teachers, and cheerleaders show off their Cavalier Pride in preparation for Homecoming.

There will be one dance with varsity cheerleaders and football players, two dances that are solely junior varsity; one dance with junior varsity and varsity, and multiple dances of just varsity.

“Last year’s pep rally was so entertaining,” said Ava Miller, junior. “I can’t wait to see what the cheerleaders come up with this year.”

“I honestly look forward to the pep rally every year,” said Mary Ross, junior. “It’s nice to have a break from work and have fun during school.”