Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

Zombies at Chatham

‘The Walking Dead’

Zombies have taken over Chatham; what would you do?

Some students have plans.

“Me, personally, I would build up from where I am, because it is more dangerous in highly populated areas,” Katelyn Robinson, senior, said. “I would try and cover my house with metal, and ration all of my sources. I think I would also go get my boyfriend and watch ‘The Walking Dead.'”

“So, I have actually thought about this a lot,” Blair Rice, senior, said. “My original plan was to go to a Dick’s Sporting Goods and camp out there, but because we don’t have one anymore I’m going to Dunham’s. It really has every resource you need. Freeze dried food, weapons, water, a hideout, and things to do.”

Some students have more intricate plans and have put a lot of thought into a possible zombie apocalypse.

“During the apocalypse, I have to evacuate the most dangerous places,” Audrey Erickson, senior, said. “I will proceed to learn the behaviors of the zombies and how to best defeat them. I will train a lot and make sure I am prepared to travel more in case of an emergency. And finally, I am finding Carl Grimes, falling in love, and getting married.”

“I imagine the zombie apocalypse happening on the way home from school, and it gets announced over the radio,” William Kendrick, senior, said. “I’m going home and digging a bunker as fast as possible with the tools I already have from my job. I put nonperishable food and water in the bunker that will last me at least six months. I proceed to get the people I actually care about, put them in the bunker, and secure all of my vehicles. When everything is secure, and I have everything charged, I’m winging it.”

“The zombies who are invading the world are ‘clickers,'” Samuel Wiebking, senior, said. “I already have a survival pack ready to go at my house, so I get that and takeover a building. Hopefully, I find an old school or building that is on high ground and where I can easily access resources. I learn the behaviors of the clickers and capture them. I put the clickers in a greenhouse and start selling them for resources. I then proceed to build my clicker monopoly and get so rich in resources that I take over the world. And that is how I rule the world in the zombie apocalypse.”

Other students have not given the apocalypse much mind.

“I’m getting Taco Bell,” Donia Gashan, senior, said.

“I’m immediately dying,” Mikaylah Matta, senior, said.

“Honestly, I’m turning into Ellie from ‘The Last of Us,'” Amanda Wyatt, junior, said.

“See me putting oil and gas in my chainsaw and going crazy,” Cody Walden, senior, said.