Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

JV Volleyball: Season Wrap-Up

The JV girls volleyball team wrapped up their 19-game-season in the fall, and they have strong opinions about their experiences on the court.

Many of the players most enjoyed the Sept. 18 game at Tunstall.

“We won, and we played well. It felt good to beat them on their home court,” said Leah Oakes, a freshman.

“They are a really good team as well, and they truly made us work for the win,” said Peyton Owen, a freshman.

Peyton Owen on the court at our Pink-Out game.

There were several senior volleyball players who left an impact on the JV team.

“She really taught me to embrace how much I love the sport,” said Anna Garrett, a sophomore, who looks up to Nicole Emerson, senior.

Oakes was impacted by senior Taylor White. “She never had a bad attitude and was energetic.”

The members of the team were inspired to play volleyball for a variety of reasons.

Owen plays the game because of her mother. “I didn’t really have any interest before she encouraged me to start playing, but then I fell in love with it.”

“A lot of my friends were doing it, so I thought I’d join in, and I ended up really liking it,” said Violet Mills, a freshman.

Violet Mills is focused while getting ready to serve the ball to Gretna’s JV team.

The players offer good tips and advice for those interested in playing volleyball in the future.

Avery Norton gets the ball up at home game against Tunstall.

“You have to have a positive mindset all of the time because even though it is a team, it still requires your own skill. Everyone puts in their own skills to benefit the team,” said Avery Norton, a freshman.

“Don’t get in your head, and don’t let the people around you bother you; don’t worry about them,” said Garrett.

Anna Garrett is warming up her serve before the game begins.