Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

Country This or Rap That?

Students’ taste in music is as varied as their personalities.

Students at CHS have strong opinions on what’s best for chilling, cleaning, doing homework, or driving.

Many students say Rhythm & Blues is their favorite genre.

“R&B is my favorite genre because it soothes my mind,” Semiyah Royal, junior, said.

“I love R&B because it’s a vibe,” Lakenya Carter, senior, said.

“R&B and ’90s music was what I grew up listening to. Also I’m from Brooklyn, so that’s another reason why I like R&B,” Donia Gashan, senior, said.

“R&B is my personal favorite because it’s classier than rap and anyone can vibe to it,” Aja Adkins, junior, said.

“My favorite genre is R&B because my favorite singer sings R&B which is Muni Long,” Shara Clark, sophomore, said.

“I like R&B because R. Kelly is my favorite vocalist,” Kajayla Giggetts, sophomore, said.

“I prefer R&B because I’m not into upbeat music,” Aziyah Greene, junior, said.

“R&B is just very relaxing especially when you have had a bad day,” Antonio Luck Jr., junior, said.

Many students also chose country music as their favorite.

“I like to listen to country music because I grew up around it,” Nathan Parris, sophomore, said.

“Country music reflects who I am as a person,” Cody Emerson, sophomore, said.

“I can relate to country music, that’s why I like it,” Alanee Gregory, said.

“Country is my favorite because I love the flow of the songs,” Brianna Davila, freshman, said.

“I like country music because you can relate to a lot of the songs,” Joshua Morris, freshman, said.

“The beat of country music is so catchy, who wouldn’t like country music,” Danielle Adkins, freshman, said.

“Country is very relatable and you can listen to it when you’re in any type of mood,” Makayla Tate, sophomore, said.

“Country music sounds better than any other genre of music in my opinion,” Leighann Gibson, freshman, said.

“There are real life stories that I can relate to in country music,” Ashton Flick, sophomore, said.

“I don’t listen to music that much but if I had to choose, it would be country music,” Miriam Afify, junior, said.

Seven out of the multiple people that were asked chose rap as their favorite.

“I like rap because I rap from time to time myself,” Amare Word, freshman, said.

“Rap is a part of my culture and I grew up listening to it,” Jaden Breedlove, junior, said.

“I listen to rap because the lyrics are good,” Aaliyah Starling, freshman, said.

“Rap is my go to because it sounds very good,” Naomi Davis, freshman, said.

“I listen to rap because it gets my morning started off good,” Jakiyah Giggetts, sophomore, stated.

“I love rap because it speaks to me in a good way,” Amarion Bradener, senior, said.

“Rap is my favorite genre because it’s very catchy,” Jameah Davis, sophomore, stated.

Although there was a great amount of difference, most students couldn’t decide.

“I like rock and rap because I listen to them both on a daily basis,” Cora Liggon, junior, said.

“I like rap and R&B. I like rap because it gets me bumping, and I like R&B because it brings me peace,” Brennen Oakes, junior, said.

“Rap and R&B are my go to because I like what they talk about,” Kylah Pope, junior, stated.

“I like drill, hip-hop, R&B and country because it’s very diverse and it fits my personality,” Eric Wilson Jr., freshman, said.

“I like all music because I like to switch it up,” Madelyn Legge, freshman, said.

“I have a mixture because I like to switch it up,” Aiden Harmon, freshman, said.

“I love all music because everybody makes music and it’s all art,” Ethan Jacobs, freshman, said.

“I listen to everything, but it just has to be catchy,” Madeline Evans, freshman, said.

“I listen to everything because it’s good to expand your variety of music,” Miky’an King, senior, said.

“Rap and R&B gets me through hard times,” Ameyea Murphy, junior, said.

“I enjoy all types of music and it makes my headaches go away,” Haven Jones, freshman, said.

“All music is good to me because it’s boring to listen to one genre all your life,” Caitlynn Hawkins, senior, said.

“I like all music genres because they all have different emotional feelings. Whatever mood I am in is what genre I listen to,” Katelyn Robinson, senior, said.

“I kind of listen to everything because I love surfing music. I do it all the time,” Emma Weinkauf, junior, said.

A unique genre was chosen by only one special person.

“I love rock. Rock is unique and not many people like it,” Madison Sharpe, sophomore, said.

Music Note Wall Decor Metal Music Notes Wall Art Music Theme Note Decor | eBay