Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

2024 Prom Dress Trends

Many girls are picking out their prom dresses based on style, color, and material for the upcoming event on March 16, at the Atkinson Barn. 

The goal for most girls is standing out from the crowd. 

“To describe my dress, I would use the words tight, heavy, and very pretty; my favorite part of my dress would have to be that it is strapless,” Madisyn Bledsoe, senior, said. 

“I chose my dress because the style and color are exactly what I was looking for. I’m expecting to see a lot of ball-gown style dresses with black as the color of choice. If someone had the same dress as me, it would make me feel like I wasted my money,” said Bledsoe.

“When I think of my dress, the words elegant, classy, and beautiful come to mind,” Anaya Alleyne, senior. “I decided on my dress because of the way it made me feel, and I wanted to stand out. My favorite feature would have to be the way it flows and that it’s off-the-shoulder.”

“I’m looking forward to seeing the seniors go all out with extravagant and custom-made dresses,” Alleyne said. “If I had the same dress as someone, I would just have to turn around and leave.” 

“My dress is shimmery, lavender, and iridescent, and what stands out the most is probably that it’s one shoulder,” Trinity Custer, senior, said. “I picked my dress because of the way it looked when I tried it on.”

“I expect to see a lot of black dresses this year; most people have told me their dress is black. If someone was wearing the same dress as me, I would feel sad and disappointed,” said Custer.