Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

CHS Celebrates Halloween

Autumn Cassell, junior, taking her little brother trick or treating last year in Martinsville.
Pumpkin candy bowl at a Halloween party.

People at CHS enjoy spending Halloween with their families in different ways.

“I don’t really celebrate Halloween because I believe it is the Devil’s holiday,” said Mr. Gary Poindexter, science department. “I just like to eat candy on the days leading up to Halloween, the day of, and the days after.”

For most at school, trick or treating is a fun event.

“My son likes to go trick or treating, and we like to celebrate Halloween on the actual day,” said Mrs. Rachel Corwin, English department. “If I’m not going trick or treating with him, I like to go over to my friends’ houses in town. ”

“My daughter likes to either go trick or treating or trunk or treating, and my husband and I go with her,” said Mrs. Kimberly Dooley, history department. “We like to celebrate the week of Halloween. We like to decorate the house and make it spooky.”

Other staff at CHS have not celebrated in years.

“When my son was younger, on Halloween night, he would join the neighborhood kids for a pizza party,” said Mrs. Wendy Kapp, English department. “The kids would party and eat pizza, then the parents would take the kids trick or treating.”

“Every year we go to a different haunted house; this year we’re going to Hickory Haunts,” said junior Autumn Cassell. “On Halloween night, I take my little brother trick or treating.”