Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

Powderpuff Volleyball: The Coaches

CHS held a Powder Puff Volleyball game for good attendance, and two girls from each grade coached the players.

The senior coaches thought they had fun.

“I wanted to coach the game because I thought it would be fun,” Taylor White, senior said. “My favorite part of the game was the last two points we had before being beaten by the juniors. As for how we did, I think we did good.”

“I thought it would be fun to couch the game,” Nicole Emerson, senior said. “Watching the guys play and have fun was my favorite part and I think we played pretty well.”

The juniors’ couches thought they did really well.

“I wanted to coach the volleyball game because I play it myself and I thought it would be fun,” Savannah Morris, junior said. “My favorite part of the game was teaching the boys how to play. I think we did really well.”

“I have been playing volleyball for about eight years, and I thought it would be fun to coach the boys,” Mariam Afify, junior said. “I’m friends with almost everybody on the team, so being able to play with them was my favorite part. I think we did great.”

Sophomores coaches thought they did okay.

“I wanted to coach the game because I wanted a good laugh,” Alanee Gregory, sophomore said. “Watching the guys be silly was my favorite part. As for how we did, not so great I think we could have done better.”

“I wanted to coach because I play volleyball and I have never taught boys to play the game before,” Sydney Moss, sophomore said. “My favorite part was seeing the guys play, I thought it was funny. The boys did better than I thought they would.”

Unfortunately, there were not any freshmen coaches, so the sophomores couched them too.