Basketball Season

Basketball season has officially begun, and students are so excited.

“The adrenaline rush you get from hearing the cheering crowds as you score a basket is exhilarating,” said Kierra Price, senior.

Many students are either excited to play this year or watch the players. They’re looking forward to witnessing the success of both the boys’ and girls’ teams.

“I am looking forward to seeing both teams dominate the other schools this year,” said Christopher Murray, junior.

The basketball players and their coaches are just as excited. However, the pressure will be intense for them.

They’re hoping to win as many games as possible this year. Their goal is to make it to the playoffs.

“I think we can have a successful winning season this year, but it will come with a lot of work and dedication,” said Trinity Brooks, senior.

Most athletes agree that the intensity will stem from a fear of letting down your supporters.

“A lot of the intensity will also come from the long practices, maintaining good grades, a social life, and your mental health,” said Tiyara Fitzgerald, senior.

The support from the parents and students may be enough motivation for the team’s to pull in some wins.

Many students plan on coming out and supporting the teams.

“I believe the teams will improve from last year. I’m looking forward to seeing how things turn out this season,” said Taliyah Myers, junior.

Basketball season will be a great season this year full of anticipation and excitement.