Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

Tips for Upcoming Seniors

Rising seniors can use good advice to navigate their first semester as the next graduating class.

“I encourage keeping your grades up and not overworking yourself,” Shakira Royal, said.” Joining sports is also helpful and it makes a good reputation for yourself.”

“I recommend keeping organized notes and paying attention in class,” Jalen Coleman, said.” Also, paying your dues is so important; you do not want to spend the last of your senior year trying to get them paid,” Coleman said. “Making new friends is important and also participating in social activities throughout the school.”

“Study before tests and not the day of; procrastinating will not help with your grades,” Christopher Rodriguez-Guardado, said. “Fitness was also important throughout my senior year: wrestling and soccer are good choices.”

“Some tips I’d give for the next seniors is make sure you pick classes that you are going to enjoy because senioritis is a big impact,” David Rice, said. ” Friends in every class are very important and so is making sure you turn in your work on time.”

“Turn in your work on time and actually come to school; those are very important,”Jordyn Burgess, said. “Focusing on yourself and your business is a good idea,” Burgess said.” Also make sure that you have your social security number for college applications.”