Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

Teachers opinion on the newline boards

The Newline technology boards have caused some happiness and some consternation among teachers.

There are many pros and cons for the new boards teachers run into while using them.

“I know there are lots of pros that I do not utilize such as saving notes on the screen; however, losing my perfectly good white board has been a real disappointment. I have lost so much writing teaching space. I used to write five paragraph essays on the board. Now, I only have room for a paragraph. No, I don’t like it,” Mrs. Wendy Kapp, English department, said. “I have less space [to work with].

“I also find that the Newline is not as easy to operate as the old projector,” said Kapp.

“The Newline has great speakers, but we don’t know how to use them. There are no remotes, and we have had no training,” a math department teacher said. “I would rather have my old board back because this took up too much board space.”

Another teacher really enjoys the board.

“I like the board because I can write on it with my finger,” said Mrs. Janet Bishop, English department, said. “I also like that I can erase it easily with no mess. I do miss my full-sized board though, and I would like if I could access the Internet on it.”