Cavalier Chronicles

The Student News Site of Chatham High School

Cavalier Chronicles

Cavalier Chronicles

Students and Staff Need a Longer Spring Break

Most everyone could use some extra sleep during spring break.

Students and staff believe spring break should be longer.

Spring break is very important to students and faculty who have a break during the spring.

Students do a variety of things on their break to refresh themselves such as vacation , relaxing, and playing catch up.

After thirty weeks of school, many feel that one week is not long enough.

”I do believe we should get a longer break,” Gracie Hyler, junior, said. “A longer break would help relax and I would feel less pressure on myself. “With just a week, I can’t relax; I’m only thinking that the next Monday all the stress begins again.”

”As a teacher, I feel the break should be longer,” Allie Reid, math teacher, said. “Sometimes I get behind on grading and need the extra time to grade, or I just need the extra time from all the stress I get from being a teacher.”

A longer break could mean more sleep.

“I need the longer break. School, and having practice after school five days a week, is exhausting,” Canaan Sloane, senior, said. “Not having to stress myself out over school itself and only worrying about soccer, would be such a relief.”

”A longer spring break wouldn’t be bad for students and staff,” Kimberly Dooley,  history teacher, said. “I’d get to spend more time with my family, and sleep in a lot more, which I could use.”

”I could use a longer break,” Kallie Beck, junior, said. “I got stuff to take care of, and I could put more hours in at work. I also would not pass up extra sleep.”